Hands On Work Program
WHAT WILL I GAIN FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE HOW
You will get:
- Certificate of Completion
- Letter of Reference
- Improve your social skills, including communication and listening skills
- Help you prepare for
- Give you confidence at job interviews
- Make you more independent
- Improve your emotional well-being and faith in
- Help you identify any
additional support you may need
- WORKSHOPS aim to help participants to overcome
In many cases there is training financial
· Typical workplace
· How to handle job
· Self care and self image
· Taking time to care
· Being gentle
BECOMING YOUR OWN ALLY:
· Identifying strengths
MOTIVATING YOUR MOTIVATION:
· Goal setting
· Maintaining motivation
· Mapping our dreams
RECOGNIZING & GROWING JOY:
· Coping with
Step Into Your Future:
· Going back to school
· Attaining employment
· Furthering education
Participants are encouraged to watch life enriching
videos on a daily basis. The
videos CCA compiled are on
various topics such as
interpersonal skills, personal and professional ethics,
customer service skills,
appearance, self-motivation and much more!
HOW Program is Offered to..
· People referred to us
· Additionally, students can self-refer from Lakehead University, Confederation College, high schools, learning academies and alternative schools within the region to name a few.
· Students can complete their community hours here through the HOW program
HOW participants are
What some participants have said about their HOW
"It was helpful to me as I nwo feel confident in a workplace. I've proved my effective communication skills, and assertiveness is a skill. I've learnt here , and will continue to develop".
" The workshops gave me some good advice I can use in real life , how I can achieve goods in life and picture where I see myself in 3 years an dhow to get there".
" I will take my skills I have learned and use them in
future workplaces. And I will use my strengths I have gained to be a better worker in the future".
"There are a lot of work
experiences offered at CCA to help develop skills like
organizing and planning,
strategic and operations.
Personally I've had a great
experience. Thank you."